The Basic Graphic Design program provides students with the essential skills and workforce preparation needed for careers in graph design. The curriculum also prepares students for a pathway to credit graphic design programs. Students gain knowledge in fundamentals of typography, design principles, website creation, project management, digital techniques, workplace diversity, and portfolio development.
|GRFN 3001||BASIC GRAPHIC DESIGN||0|
|GRFN 3002||FUNDAMENTALS OF GRAPHICS AND PRODUCTION||0|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand the basic digital workflow for graphic design projects.
- Learn basic copyright laws for the visual arts.
- Develop a professional resume, business cards and letterhead design.
- Produce and design a logo, a newsletter, a poster, and folded brochure, and multiple page publication from concept to completion.
- Conduct a job search and gain familiarity with the types of jobs available in the graphic design industry.