The Associate in Science in Physics for Transfer provides a foundation in Physics necessary for continued training at the upper division level for Physics majors. It also provides a foundation for majors in physical science, math, engineering, and computer science. It is a starting point for students who are preparing for careers in education, geoscience research, and government, where scientific and technical skills are in great demand.
PLEASE NOTE: The courses that universities and colleges require for transfer vary. When selecting courses for transfer purposes, students should consult with Counseling Services to determine the particular transfer requirements of specific transfer institutions.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
- 60 semester or 90 quarter CSU-transferable units.
- the California State University-General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE-Breadth); OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
- a minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter units in the major or area of emphasis as determined by the community college district.
- obtainment of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- earn a grade of C or better or P if course is graded pass/no-pass in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
- Qualitatively analyze problems in physics with proper understanding of relevant concepts.
- Quantitatively analyze problems in physics using appropriate problem-solving techniques.
- Employ proper experimental techniques to investigate physical phenomena.
Associate in Science in Physics for Transfer Degree
|PHYS 008A||PHYSICS FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS I: MECHANICS||5|
|PHYS 008B||PHYSICS FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS II: WAVES, ELECTRICITY & MAGNETISM||5|
|PHYS 008C||PHYSICS FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS III: THERMODYNAMICS, OPTICS, AND MODERN PHYSICS||5|
|MATH 005A||SINGLE VARIABLE CALCULUS I||5|
|or MATH 005AH||HONORS SINGLE VARIABLE CALCULUS I|
|MATH 005B||SINGLE VARIABLE CALCULUS II||5|
|or MATH 005BH||HONORS SINGLE VARIABLE CALCULUS II|
|MATH 005C||MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS||5|
|or MATH 005CH||HONORS MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS|
|CSU General Education or IGETC CSU Pattern||37-39|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 transferable units)|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.