Pasadena City College General Education Outcomes
- Communication: Use creative expression to communicate acquired knowledge or skills effectively.
1.1 Reading: Read and comprehend written material critically and effectively at the appropriate program level.
1.2 Writing: Write in a clear, coherent, and organized manner, at the appropriate academic level, to explain ideas; to express feelings; and to support conclusions, claims, or theses.
1.3 Listening: Listen actively, respectfully, and critically.
1.4 Creative Communication: Create or communicate through speech, music, art and/or performance.
- Cognition: Use critical thinking skills to observe, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate ideas and information.
2.1 Problem Solving: Identify and analyze real or potential problems and develop, test, apply, and evaluate possible solutions, using the scientific method where appropriate.
2.2 Critical Thinking and Application: Formulate and apply knowledge, skills, ideas, and concepts to appropriate contexts.
2.3 Quantitative Reasoning: Apply appropriate mathematical concepts and methods to understand, analyze, and explain issues in quantitative terms.
- Information Competency: Use research and technical skills effectively and ethically to achieve an objective.
3.1 Information Literacy: Locate, retrieve, and evaluate information using appropriate research tools.
3.2 Research Proficiency: Conduct research and present findings effectively and ethically including the use of correct source citations.
3.3 Technological Literacy: Apply technology effectively to locate, evaluate, interpret, organize, and present information using appropriate research tools.
- Social Responsibility: Demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for others.
4.1 Respect for Diversity: Demonstrate an understanding of the beliefs, opinions, and values of other people and cultures.
4.2 Effective Citizenship: Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for being an informed, ethical, and active citizen of the local community, California, the nation, and the world.
- Personal Development: Demonstrate an understanding of practices that promote physical, psychological, and emotional well-being.
5.1 Awareness of Mind and Body: Demonstrate knowledge and practices that promote a sense of self as an integrated physiological, psychological, and social being.
5.2 Aesthetic Appreciation: Show an informed appreciation for artistic and individual expression.