Top Code: 0506.50
The curriculum prepares students for marketing careers in the retail industry in market research, promotion, advertising, distribution and pricing. Curriculum was developed in cooperation with the Western Association of Food Chains (WAFC), and is a nationally-recognized certificate.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Analyze the customer service factors involved in obtaining customer goodwill, enhancing the company image and communicating with customers.
- Write effective business correspondence, and give clear, concise oral presentations.
- Achieve confidence working with whole numbers, fractions, and percentages and applying them to common business problems such as markup, markdown, simple and compound interest, payroll, discounts, etc.
- Identify the five mental stages of a sale.
- Write a features-and-benefits analysis on a product.
Requirements for the certificate
|ACCT 001A||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||4-5|
|or ACCT 010||BOOKKEEPING-ACCOUNTING|
|BIT 025||SURVEY OF COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY IN BUSINESS||3|
|BUS 010||INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT||3|
|BUS 011A||BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS||3|
|BUS 117||HUMAN RELATIONS/ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR||3|
|BUS 128||HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT||3|
|MRKT 020||PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING||3|
|MRKT 132||RETAIL MANAGEMENT||3|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.