This program concentrates on the approach of a hospitality entrepreneur and core attributes that build the foundation in the goal of launching and running a successful hospitality business. This curriculum will give students the opportunity to explore, solidify and apply these traits to any path they choose to pursue in the hospitality industry.
Instruction includes all aspects of hospitality law, cost control and budgeting, critical thinking, creative thinking, problem-solving, innovation, empowerment, marketing, and management.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Evaluate the contributing factors that influence hospitality businesses including governmental, financial, human resource, hospitality law, global, technological and other considerations.
- Discuss hospitality entrepreneurial risks, difficulties and opportunities.
- Evaluate the projected target market and significance in this segment.
- Cultivate realistic budget for proposed financial goals.
- Develop hospitality business plan that aligns with current industry demands.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|HOSP 021||FOOD, BEVERAGE, AND LABOR COST CONTROL||3|
|HOSP 050||HOSPITALITY LAW||3|
|MRKT 150||SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING FOR BUSINESS||3|