Top Code: 0504.00
The curriculum prepares students for careers in investment banks, stock brokerage firms, insurance companies, and firms providing financial advice in buying and selling of stocks, bonds, or shares in mutual bonds.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Identify the various ways by which business enterprises are financed. Explain the legal elements of financing a business.
- Write effective Business correspondence.
- Achieve mastery and confidence working with whole numbers, fractions, and percents and use these skills in everyday business transactions.
- Describe financial controls that may be used to keep a business successful.
- Use computers to collaborate with others to solve business problems.
Requirements for the certificate
|or ACCT 001A||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING|
|BIT 025||SURVEY OF COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY IN BUSINESS||3|
|BUS 002||PERSONAL FINANCE||3|
|BUS 009||INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS||3|
|or BUS 010||INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT|
|BUS 011A||BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS FOR BUSINESS-FINITE|
|BUSINESS COMPUTATIONS USING TECHNOLOGY|
|STATISTICS FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS|
|BUS 160||SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE||3|
|ACCT 104A||COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING - QUICKBOOKS||3|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.