The Sustainable Building Construction program equips students with essential skills for pursuing a career in the fields of green building design, planning, construction and maintenance. Program curriculum will cover a contemporary range of building design strategies, sustainable development, and technologies, with an emphasis on those that reduce environmental impacts and make our buildings and communities healthier, equitable, and more livable.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
On This Page
- Describe contemporary and emerging high-performance building codes and standards.
- Recall common terminology used in energy efficiency, energy production, and renewable energy systems.
- Analyze and select sustainable materials appropriate for a specific project.
- Identify appropriate and efficient heating, cooling, and air quality control systems for a building, including heat recovery ventilation, passive, and insulation systems.
- Apply the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design® (LEED) rating system to a building project to assess sustainability, and properly document the assessment and prepare for the LEED Green Associate Examination.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|BLDG 212||PRINT READING FOR CONSTRUCTION||3|
|BLDG 213||BUILDING CONSTRUCTION CODES AND STANDARDS||3|
|BLDG 214||MATERIALS & PROCESSES OF CONSTRUCTION: SUB GRADE TO ROOF FRAMING||3|
|BLDG 222||SUSTAINABLE PLANNING AND ZONING PRINCIPLES||3|
|BLDG 225||GREEN BUILDING AND ENERGY EFFICIENCIES||3|
|DT 110||SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGIES||3|