The Health Professions Basic Certificate prepares students to begin their studies towards a healthcare career. Topics include CPR Certification (American Heart Association), Blood Borne Pathogen and Personal Protective Equipment Use (Embedded N95 Mask Fit Testing), and HIPAA and Introduction to EHR Documentation Security.
In addition, students will improve their health literacy skills and explore career options in the healthcare industry. Completion of this certificate provides the first step in making an informed decision regarding the selection of additional programs of study leading to academic and healthcare career goals.
- Assess the need for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Demonstrate effective Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Describe professional and ethical responsibilities in maintaining healthcare privacy and handling of Electronic and Paper Health Records.
- Explain HIPAA as it pertains to healthcare workers.
- Identify steps to prevent acquisition of infection while working in healthcare settings.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of selected Personal Protective Equipment.
|HLTN 1000||BASIC LIFE SUPPORT (BLS) PROVIDER||0|
|HLTN 1001||BLOOD BORNE PATHOGENS||0|
|HLTN 1003||HIPAA AND INTRODUCTION TO EHR DOCUMENTATION SECURITY||0|