The Associate in Science for Transfer Degree in Film, Television and Electronic Media is designed to build students’ performance skills in the areas of the film, television and digital media industries–including production and operations; to enrich students’ aesthetic and intellectual proficiency in film, TV and the digital media landscape; and to provide pre-professional training. The AS-T in Film, TV and Electronic Media emphasizes tactile experience in the creation of film productions, live television and radio programming, and both audio and video content designed for digital and portable delivery systems. At the same time, the degree offers courses in all aspects of the film, television, radio and digital media industries, both artistic and academic. Faculty, staff and students work closely together to build a solid foundation in the practical, artistic and historical aspects of film, television, radio and digital media.
The Associate in Science in Film, Television, and Electronic Media for Transfer degree requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University.
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education-Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better, or P if the course is graded on a P/NP basis.
- Create effective communication using written, oral and audio/visual methods in a media context.
- Integrate critical thinking into a media context.
- Integrate standards of professional conduct in a media context.
- Develop technological proficiency in a media context.
Associate in Science in Film, Television, & Electronic Media Degree for Transfer
|Select two of the following:||6|
|INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRONIC MEDIA|
or COMM 001
|SURVEY OF MASS COMMUNICATION|
|INTRODUCTION TO MEDIA AESTHETICS AND CINEMATIC ARTS|
|Select one from each area:||6|
Area 1: Audio
|BEGINNING AUDIO PRODUCTION|
|BEGINNING RADIO PRODUCTION|
Area 2: Video or Film Production
|BEGINNING ELECTRONIC FILMMAKING|
|BEGINNING SINGLE CAMERA PRODUCTION|
|BEGINNING TV STUDIO PRODUCTION|
|Select one or any course not already used above:||3-4|
|EARLY FILM HISTORY|
|CONTEMPORARY FILM HISTORY|
|PRODUCING & DIRECTING I|
|TELEVISION AND FILM SCRIPT WRITING|
|MULTIMEDIA NEWS PRODUCTION|
|Select one or any course not already already used above:||3-4.5|
|GAME DESIGN I|
|INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC RECORDING AND PRODUCTION|
|INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL IMAGE EDITING|
|RADIO BROADCAST MASTER CONTROL OPERATIONS|
|BEGINNING ANNOUNCING AND PERFORMING IN ELECTRONIC MEDIA|
|ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY BUSINESS PRACTICES, MANAGEMENT, AND PRODUCING|
|DOCUMENTARY AND REALITY PRODUCTION|
|CSU General Education or IGETC CSU Pattern||37-39|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 transferable units)|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.