The Adult High School Diploma requires students to complete 160 units for graduation, which includes coursework in Natural Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Humanities, English, Mathematics, and a selection of listed electives. Based on information such as student’s high school grades, test scores, work experience, and other multiple measures, the counselor may recommend placement at the level which meets the student’s needs. Students are awarded a high school diploma upon completion of the course of study prescribed by the State of California and the Pasadena Area Community College District.
|AHSD 6401||FUNDAMENTALS OF GRAMMAR A||0|
|AHSD 6402||FUNDAMENTALS OF GRAMMAR B||0|
|AHSD 6403||ESSENTIALS IN WRITING A||0|
|AHSD 6404||ESSENTIALS IN WRITING B||0|
|AHSD 6405||U.S. LITERATURE||0|
|AHSD 6406||BRITISH LITERATURE||0|
|AHSD 6407||READING FUNDAMENTALS||0|
|AHSD 6411||U.S. HISTORY: PRE-COLONIALISM TO THE CIVIL WAR||0|
|AHSD 6412||U.S. HISTORY: RECONSTRUCTION TO PRESENT||0|
|AHSD 6413||INTRODUCTION TO AMERICAN GOVERNMENT||0|
|AHSD 6414||INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS||0|
|AHSD 6415||CONTEMPORARY AMERICAN SOCIAL ISSUES||0|
|AHSD 6416||GLOBAL AFFAIRS||0|
|AHSD 6417||WORLD GEOGRAPHY||0|
|AHSD 6421||MATH BASICS||0|
|AHSD 6422||MATHEMATICS PRE-ALGEBRA||0|
|AHSD 6423||ALGEBRA IA||0|
|AHSD 6424||ALGEBRA IB||0|
|AHSD 6426||LIFE SCIENCE - BIOLOGY||0|
|AHSD 6427||LIFE SCIENCE - PHYSIOLOGY||0|
|AHSD 6428||PHYSICAL SCIENCE - CHEMISTRY||0|
|AHSD 6429||PHYSICAL SCIENCE - PHYSICS||0|
|AHSD 6432||ART HISTORY||0|
|AHSD 6436||MUSIC APPRECIATION||0|
|AHSD 6439||CONTEMPORARY SPANISH||0|
|AHSD 6400||PRACTICAL ENGLISH SKILLS||0|
|AHSD 6409||INTRODUCTION TO CREATIVE WRITING||0|
|AHSD 6430||ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE - ECOLOGY||0|
|AHSD 6431||COMPUTER BASICS||0|
|AHSD 6433||WORKPLACE SKILLS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY||0|
|AHSD 6434||PLANNING FOR ACADEMIC AND CAREER SUCCESS||0|
|AHSD 6437||GRAPHIC ART DESIGN||0|
|AHSD 6438||COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||0|
- Develop critical thinking skills to observe, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate ideas and information orally and in writing.
- Identify concepts that are part of the exit exam.
- Develop interpersonal skills to interrelate and collaboratively work with others.
- Integrate effective and ethical use of technology in personal practices.
- Utilize study skill habits that will enable students to make the transition to college level coursework.
- Apply concepts learned in core subjects that will prepare students to earn a high school diploma and transition to the community college and into the workplace.
Certificate of Completion in Secondary Education
Students who complete the Adult High School Diploma Program are also eligible for a Certificate of Completion in Secondary Education.