The Adult Basic Education program prepares students with the essential skills for academic advancement to the adult high school diploma (AHSD) or General Educational Development (GED) programs. Student gain knowledge in language arts and mathematics. Students may advance to develop skills for the workplace and to prepare for future educational opportunities.
|ABE 3001||LANGUAGE ARTS||0|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate understanding of the concepts in English language arts and mathematics that prepare students to enter the adult high school diploma or high school equivalency such as GED certificate programs.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to observe, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate ideas and information.
- Demonstrate study skill habits that enable students to make the transition to adult high school, GED coursework and credit programs.
- Demonstrate familiarity with subjects and concepts that are part of the adult high school or GED placement exam.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills to interrelate and collaborate in the workplace.
- Demonstrate effective and ethical use of technology.