Top Code: 0103.00
The Associate in Science in Agriculture Plant Science for Transfer provides student with a foundation in environmental horticulture for upper division in course work in agriculture and environmental plant sciences. The Associate in Science in Agriculture Plant Science for Transfer is designed to provide students a clear transfer pathway to the CSU within the agricultural science field major and the completion of baccalaureate degree, with guaranteed admission to a CSU to a similar major with junior standing, and the ability to complete their remaining requirements within 60 semester or 90 quarter units.
Agriculture and plant sciences have a wide range of career choice available in California’s growing horticulture, and agronomic industries. Graduates in these majors are in growing demand as agriculture becomes increasingly high-tech and the movement towards sustainable practices increases. Earning a degree in Agriculture Plant Sciences is a starting point for careers in, soil science and conservation, agricultural biology, entomology, plant biotechnology, postharvest physiology, and environmental protection of water, farmlands, open space, and landscaped areas.
The Associate in Science in Agriculture Plant Science for Transfer Degree Requirements:
- 60 semester or 90 quarter CSU-transferable units.
- the California State University-General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE-Breadth); or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
- a minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter units in the major or area of emphasis as determined by the community college district.
- obtainment of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- earn a grade of C or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis, or P if the course is graded on a P/NP basis.
Please note: The courses that universities and colleges require for transfer vary. When selecting courses for transfer purposes, students should consult with Counseling Services to determine the particular transfer requirements of specific institutions.
- Be able to solve problems related to soils and plant growth.
- Assess horticultural projects for feasibility and sustainable agricultural practices.
- Analyze how the environment influences plant growth and crop yields.
Associate in Science in Agriculture Plant Science for Transfer Degree
|ENVS 011||SOIL SCIENCE||3|
|CHEM 002A||CHEMISTRY - GENERAL, ORGANIC AND BIOCHEMISTRY I||4-5|
|or CHEM 001A||GENERAL CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ANALYSIS I|
|ECON 001B||PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS||3|
|or ECON 001BH||HONORS PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS|
|Select one of the following:||4|
|STATISTICS FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS|
or STAT 050
or STAT 050H
|HONORS ELEMENTARY STATISTICS|
|ENVS 012||PLANT MATERIALS AND USAGE I||3|
|CSU General Education or IGETC Pattern||37-39|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 transferable units)|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.