Yoga Teacher Training is designed to deepen students’ understanding of yoga by investigating the biomechanics of yoga postures, learning to use anatomical cueing for proper alignment in poses, examining effective teaching techniques for a variety of settings, and exploring the history and philosophy of yoga.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Identify core principles of Hatha Yoga.
- Examine skills for instructing yoga, including verbal cues, sequences, variations, adjustments, and modifications.
- Illustrate stress management techniques with yoga poses.
- Describe the philosophy of yoga through history, and the development of asanas.
- Design and execute a 60 minute Yoga class.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|KINT 005||FIRST AID-RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES||3|
|KINT 180||INTRODUCTION TO TEACHING YOGA||3|
|KINT 181||PHILOSOPHY OF YOGA||3|
|KINT 182||ANATOMICAL PRINCIPLES OF KINESIOLOGY AND FITNESS||3|
|NUTR 025||NUTRITION FOR SPORT, EXERCISE, AND HEALTH||3|
|KINA 040A||BEGINNING YOGA||1|
|KINA 040B||INTERMEDIATE YOGA||1|
|KINA 040C||ADVANCED YOGA||1|
|or KINT 101||PHYSICAL FITNESS ASSESSMENTS|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.