The VESL Green Construction program prepares beginning-high to intermediate-low ESL students for careers in green construction. The curriculum also serves as a pathway to noncredit and credit CTE programs. Students gain knowledge in essential vocabulary for communicating in a building trades and construction industry job, understanding verbal and written directions, worker rights, and safety on the job.
|ESLV 1012||VESL: GREEN CONSTRUCTION, MODULE A||0|
|ESLV 1013||VESL: GREEN CONSTRUCTION, MODULE B||0|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify basic job terminology such as safety rules, construction equipment and worker rights.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills between employees, employer or clients.
- Analyze construction plans for best practices in green construction.
- Understand basic work ethics such as teamwork and appropriate workplace behavior.
- Engage in basic interviewing and job search skills for the building trades and construction industry.