The basic welding skills developed in this certificate program will help an individual stand out when applying for employment in fields such as building construction, automotive technology, truck repair, plumbing, air conditioning, sheet metal, plant maintenance, and other manufacturing trades.
This program includes practice with oxy-acetylene welding, brazing and cutting, Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) in all positions and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – also known as Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (TIG).
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon the completion of all courses with a grade of C or better.
- Demonstrate the skills required by industry to perform oxy-acetylene welding and cutting.
- Demonstrate the skills required by industry to perform shielded metal arc welding and gas tungsten arc welding.
- Interpretation and performance of welding projects from verbal and or drawings provided.
- Demonstrate safe set-up and operations of welding equipment.
- Demonstrate the skills required by industry to perform welds on special materials.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
|WELD 044A||INTRODUCTION TO GAS WELDING||1|
|WELD 044B||INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRIC ARC WELDING||1|
|WELD 044C||ADVANCED ARC WELDING, FCAW & SMAW||1|
|WELD 145||INTRODUCTION TO TIG WELDING||1|
|DT 008A||INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL DESIGN AND FABRICATION||3|
|TECH 107A||TECHNICAL CALCULATIONS||3|