Top Code: 1005.00
The Music Entrepreneurship Certificate at PCC is designed to embolden music students towards successful and sustainable careers in a rapidly changing artistic and business climate. In this program, students gain a portfolio of practical business-oriented skills as well as skills critical to the current musician like audio and video editing, effective music notation, concert or recital planning and the management of teaching studios. The program also develops entrepreneurial, creative, and collaborative skills, and can be completed on its own or in conjunction with a traditional music degree.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Accurately describe current and emerging trends in the music industry, including new and emerging career trajectories.
- Exhibit flexibility with, and creative use, of audio, visual, musical and internet technology for use in the creation and promotion of their professional output.
- Develop effective business correspondence, such as business plans, marketing materials, and the like.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal financial skills and the essential business skills required for a career in the music industry.
- Create a portfolio-level project, such as a recital, recording project, music video or business plan, that demonstrates skills in project planning, business, music, technology and entrepreneurship.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|MUSC 001A||MUSIC THEORY I||3|
|MUSC 002A||MUSICIANSHIP I||1|
|MUSC 093A||INTRODUCTION TO THE MUSIC BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP||2|
|MUSC 094||INTRO TO MUSIC TECHNOLOGY FOR MUSICIANS||3|
|MUSC 099||MUSIC ENTREPRENEURSHIP PRACTICUM||2|
|MUSC 001B||MUSIC THEORY II||3|
|Select one of the following:||1-3|
|THE MUSIC BUSINESS|
|Select a minimum of 18 units of the following:||18|
|WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT|
|TEACHING AS A PROFESSION|
|SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING FOR BUSINESS|
|KEYBOARD SKILLS I|
|INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC COMPOSITION|
|MUSIC FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION|
|INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC EDUCATION|
|JAZZ KEYBOARD SKILLS|
|MUSIC PREPARATION AND MUSIC COPYING|
|THE MUSIC BUSINESS|
|INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC RECORDING AND PRODUCTION|
|MUSIC RECORDING AND PRODUCTION APPLICATIONS|
|MUSIC RECORDING & PRODUCTION WORKSHOP|
|INTERMEDIATE TECHNIQUES OF POPULAR SINGING|
|DRUM SET TECHNIQUES|
|RHYTHM SECTION TECHNIQUES|
|MUSIC IN MULTIMEDIA|
|BEGINNING SINGLE CAMERA PRODUCTION|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.