Top Code: 2133.00
This certificate program is designed to prepare future firefighters for the academic rigors of a fire academy. Though this certificate does not guarantee admission into a fire academy, the program is designed to:
- meet the course requirements specified by local fire academies,
- significantly enhance the student’s ability to compete for academy positions, and
- increase the student’s probability of success while in the fire academy.
Using the knowledge and courses from this program, the students can continue their training to the next level which is the Certificate of Achievement in Fire Technology.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Discuss the role of the fire service in the community and the importance of its Mission Statement.
- Identify variables that impact the growth/spread/hazards of structure fires.
- Describe the ten standard firefighting orders and their application during a wildland fire.
- Define typical fire detection and alarm systems.
- Recognize the elements of building construction and conditions under which they are likely to fail.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
|FIRE 110||INTRODUCTION TO FIRE TECHNOLOGY||3|
|FIRE 112||FUNDAMENTALS OF FIRE BEHAVIOR AND CONTROL||3|
|FIRE 115||FUNDAMENTALS OF PERSONAL SAFETY AND EMERGENCY ACTION||3|
|FIRE 128||FUNDAMENTALS OF FIRE PROTECTION EQUIPMENT AND DETECTION||3|
|FIRE 142||BUILDING CONSTRUCTION FOR FIRE PROTECTION||3|
|EMED 101A||EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LECTURE AND LABORATORY||6|
|KINA 037||POLICE-FIRE AGILITY TRAINING||1|