This help desk / user support program prepares students with necessary skills to seek employment in help desk / user support in the field of Information Technology. Instruction includes training in computer hardware, software, Microsoft Windows server operating systems and Microsoft Windows client operating systems in a networked environment with an emphasis on Local Area Networks (LANs) and network security. Upon completion of coursework, students will have the foundation needed to pursue industry certifications including and not limited to CompTIA A+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCT Routing & Switching, Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate, and Microsoft Windows System Administration.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Explain the key concepts of help desk / user support in a variety of working environments and networking technologies and techniques.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware and software for a computer in a networked environment.
- Implement and support basic enterprise network technologies.
- Implement and support basic enterprise server technologies.
- Implement and support basic enterprise network security technologies.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|CIS 011||INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ESSENTIALS||4|
|CIS 041||CCNA: INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKS||3|
|CIS 042||CCNA: ROUTING, SWITCHING, AND WIRELESS ESSENTIALS||3|
|CIS 045||MCP: MICROSOFT WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION||4|
|CIS 061||INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|INTRODUCTION TO PROGRAMMING USING PYTHON|
|INTRODUCTION TO DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS|
|INTRODUCTION TO CYBERSECURITY: ETHICAL HACKING|
|DIGITAL FORENSICS FUNDAMENTALS|
|VCP-DCV: VMWARE VSPHERE ADMINISTRATION|
|CCNA: ENTERPRISE NETWORKING, SECURITY, AND AUTOMATION|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.