The curriculum prepares students for business positions such as administrative assistant, secretary, executive assistant, and office assistant. Employees in these types of positions perform a variety of administrative tasks including document processing, using computer applications such as presentation graphics and spreadsheets, scheduling appointments, researching and organizing information, and arranging meetings and travel.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be prepared to take the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams in Word, Outlook, and Excel.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Develop work habits to function as a team member with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds in a workplace environment.
- Apply standard business English to oral and written communications in support of a business office, including the production and design of complex electronic and paper-based correspondence and documents.
- Determine appropriate information technology tools to access, manage, integrate, and create information.
- Formulate solutions to business problems by using the Internet, current and emerging computer applications, records management, and standard business procedures.
- Demonstrate self-management and self-awareness in terms of workplace responsibility and productivity.
- Demonstrate the ability to competently use a wide variety of office systems, including computers, web-based workspaces, and video conferencing.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|BIT 011||BUSINESS DOCUMENT PROCESSING||2|
|BIT 025||SURVEY OF COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY IN BUSINESS||3|
|BIT 107||BUSINESS SOFTWARE-WINDOWS||1|
|BUS 009||INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS||3|
|BIT 106||BUSINESS SOFTWARE-INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT OFFICE SYSTEM||3|
|BIT 108||MICROSOFT OUTLOOK AND PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS||1|
|BIT 115||BUSINESS RECORDS SKILLS||1|
|BIT 122||INTERNET RESEARCH FOR BUSINESS||1|
|BUS 112||BUSINESS ENGLISH||3|
|BIT 117||COLLABORATIVE WEB-BASED WORKSPACES||1|
|BIT 124||ADMINISTRATIVE BUSINESS PROCEDURES||3|
|BIT 128||BUSINESS SOFTWARE-MICROSOFT WORD||2|
|BIT 133||BUSINESS SOFTWARE-MICROSOFT EXCEL||2|
|BIT 105||BUSINESS SOFTWARE-MICROSOFT ACCESS||2|
|BIT 109||BUSINESS SOFTWARE-MICROSOFT POWERPOINT||2|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.