Top Code: 0508.00
The curriculum prepares students for competing in the international global marketplace. Emphasis is on importing, exporting and establishing an overseas business presence. This curriculum is designed for the individual international entrepreneur, as well as the established company executive.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Compare and contrast international and domestic business.
- Write effective business correspondence, and give clear, concise oral presentations.
- Achieve confidence working with whole numbers, fractions, and percents and apply them to common business problems such as markup, markdown, simple and compound interest, payroll, discounts, etc.
- Identify and apply the major components needed to perform a country analysis.
- Perform simple foreign exchange calculations to determine the cost of foreign products and the book value of foreign companies.
Requirements for the certificate
|ACCT 001A||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||4-5|
|or ACCT 010||BOOKKEEPING-ACCOUNTING|
|BIT 025||SURVEY OF COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY IN BUSINESS||3|
|BUS 002||PERSONAL FINANCE||3|
|BUS 009||INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS||3|
|BUS 011A||BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|BUSINESS COMPUTATIONS USING TECHNOLOGY|
|MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS FOR BUSINESS-FINITE|
|STATISTICS FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS|
|PRINCIPLES OF IMPORTING AND EXPORTING|
|BUS 160||SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE||3|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.