The curriculum prepares the students for reading, writing, speaking and understanding the language at Intermediate level and provides substantial cultural knowledge.
This Certificate of Achievement is aligned by the national ACTFL Intermediate Criteria of Achievement.
The proficiency guidelines are described on the following website:
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon successful completion of all the required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Demonstrate comprehension of high-novice level conversation in the language.
- Demonstrate comprehension of high-novice level text in the language.
- Write a high-novice level paragraph in the language using correct grammar and appropriate vocabulary.
- Correctly speak and answer high-novice level questions in the language using intelligible pronunciation
- Demonstrate significant awareness of the culture from the countries where the language is spoken.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|Choose 16 units from the courses below||16|
|ELEMENTARY ITALIAN – LEVEL 2|
|INTERMEDIATE ITALIAN - LEVEL 1|
|INTERMEDIATE ITALIAN - LEVEL 2|
|INTRODUCTION TO ITALIAN LITERATURE|
|ITALIAN FILM AS DRAMATIC LITERATURE|
|INTRODUCTION TO ITALIAN CONVERSATION - LEVEL 1|
or ITAL 008B
|INTRODUCTION TO ITALIAN CONVERSATION - LEVEL 2|
or ITAL 009B
or ITAL 009C