Top Code: 0614.00
The Design/Media Arts Foundation certificate lays the foundation for student-success in PCC’s Design/Media Arts and Photography departments. It is the first step toward successful entry into the labor market. Geared toward students interested in creative coding, graphic design, interaction design, web design, motion graphics, photography and game design. Skills covered will be basic coding (HTML/CSS), production processes, design thinking, project management and collaborative teamwork.
All courses in this certificate require literacy and proficiency in writing and math. Projects require written, oral, and visual presentations as well as the application of basic math principles and skills.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Apply the elements and principles of design in finished digital images and time-based works.
- Produce digital images and time-based work through various digital media input and output methods.
- Examine and describe contemporary approaches, language, and aesthetics in digital media.
- Evaluate and critique digital images and time-based media works utilizing relevant terminology and concepts.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of tools, materials, and concepts for creating original art and design projects.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|COLL 001||FIRST YEAR SEMINAR||3|
|ART 011A||FOUNDATION DRAWING||3|
|ART 031A||COLOR AND COMPOSITION-TWO DIMENSIONAL DESIGN||3|
|DMA 010||DIGITAL ART: DESIGN FOUNDATION||3|
|DMA 020A||GRAPHIC DESIGN I||3|
|DMA 012||DIGITAL ART: PAINTING & DRAWING||3|
|DMA 050||WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT||3|
|DMA 002||HISTORY OF DESIGN AND MEDIA ARTS||3|
|DMA 004||HISTORY OF DIGITAL GAMES||3|
|SPCH 001||FUNDAMENTALS OF SPEECH||3|
|or SPCH 001H||HONORS FUNDAMENTALS OF SPEECH|
|SPCH 010||INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION||3|
Visit Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.