Top Code: 0506.40
The Certificate of Achievement in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management is designed to cultivate the innovative, entrepreneurial skills necessary for today’s fast-paced, continuously changing business environment. Students will learn how to think and act flexibly, creatively, and critically. This Certificate provides students of any discipline with the tools and skills required to organize and plan their own business or to innovate within an organization.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Design and develop a strategic business and marketing plan that can be used to prepare a new business launch, to achieve entry into new markets, or to change and grow an existing business.
- Evaluate how business concepts such as brand building, financial management, business law, resource allocations, and change and uncertainty for competitive advantage affect the growth of a small business.
- Apply quantitative reasoning to common business problems, including markup, markdown, simple and compound interest, payroll, and discounts.
- Apply the business skills of planning, managing, financing, and marketing to create a new venture or help lead an existing business to think with a higher degree of innovation.
- Analyze self-motivation, roles, creative abilities, and communication skills in the context of the entrepreneurial mindset.
Requirements for the certificate
|BIT 025||SURVEY OF COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY IN BUSINESS||3|
|BUS 002||PERSONAL FINANCE||3|
|BUS 012A||BUSINESS LAW||3|
|BUS 009||INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS||3|
|ACCT 001A||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||4-5|
|or ACCT 010||BOOKKEEPING-ACCOUNTING|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT|
|HUMAN RELATIONS/ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR|
|SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE|
|MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS FOR BUSINESS-FINITE|
|BUSINESS COMPUTATIONS USING TECHNOLOGY|
|PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING|
|SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING FOR BUSINESS|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.