The Associate in Arts Degree in Studio Arts for Transfer provides a solid preparation for transfer majors in the various areas of studio art, including ceramics, drawing, jewelry and craft, painting, printmaking, and sculpture. Additionally, the studio courses align well with preparation for transfer majors in related fields such as design, photography, cinema studies and other areas of study at UC, CSU, and private colleges and universities.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
- 60 semester or 90 quarter CSU-transferable units.
- the California State University-General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE-Breadth); OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
- a minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter units in the major or area of emphasis as determined by the community college district.
- obtainment of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- earn a grade of C or better earn a grade of C or better, or “P” if the course is graded on a P/NP basis, in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
- Display competence in the use of tools, materials and concepts by completing a portfolio of original art and design projects.
- Evaluate works of art and design through critical discussion and written assignments.
- Demonstrate, through the analysis of aesthetic and cultural values, an understanding of the contribution of art and design to human experience.
Associate in Arts Degree in Studio Arts for Transfer Degree
|ART 001B||HISTORY OF WESTERN ART – RENAISSANCE THROUGH CONTEMPORARY||3|
|ART 011A||FOUNDATION DRAWING||3|
|ART 031A||COLOR AND COMPOSITION-TWO DIMENSIONAL DESIGN||3|
|ART 032A||DESIGN-THREE DIMENSIONAL||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|HISTORY OF WESTERN ART - PREHISTORIC THROUGH MEDIEVAL|
|ARTS OF AFRICA, OCEANIA, AND INDIGENOUS NORTH AMERICA|
|HISTORY OF MODERN ART|
|Select three of the folowing courses:||9|
|BEGINNING LIFE DRAWING|
or ART 011B
or ART 026
|PRINTMAKING - INTAGLIO AND RELIEF|
|APPLIED DESIGN I - MATERIALS AND PROCESSES|
or ART 036A
|DIGITAL ART: DESIGN FOUNDATION|
or DMA 012
|DIGITAL ART: PAINTING & DRAWING|
|INTRODUCTION TO BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY|
|CSU General Education or IGETC CSU Pattern||37-39|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 transferable units)|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested Sequence of Courses.