The VESL: Green Landscaping and Gardening program prepares beginning-high to intermediate-low ESL students for careers in landscaping and gardening. The curriculum also serves as a pathway to noncredit and credit CTE programs. Students gain knowledge on essential vocabulary used in communicating in the landscaping and gardening industry, understanding verbal and written directions, plant identification and placement, and safety on the job.
|ESLV 2030||VESL: GREEN LANDSCAPING AND GARDENING, MODULE A||0|
|ESLV 2031||VESL: GREEN LANDSCAPING AND GARDENING, MODULE B||0|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Appropriately use landscaping terminology such as plant identification, power tool safety, and landscape design.
- Comprehend and respond to verbal and written directions when interacting with landscape personnel and customers.
- Analyze landscaping plans and describe best practice plant placement.
- Understand basic work ethics such as teamwork and appropriate workplace behavior.
- Engage in basic interviewing and job search skills for the landscaping and gardening industry.