The VESL: Green Housekeeping program prepares beginning-high to intermediate-low ESL students for careers in green housekeeping. The curriculum also serves as a pathway to other noncredit programs. Students gain knowledge in essential vocabulary for communicating in a housekeeping industry job, understanding verbal and written directions, worker rights, and safety on the job.
|ESLV 1014||VESL: GREEN HOUSEKEEPING, MODULE A||0|
|ESLV 1015||VESL: GREEN HOUSEKEEPING, MODULE B||0|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify basic job terminology such as safety rules, housekeeping equipment and worker rights.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills between employees, employer or clients.
- Identify best practices in green housekeeping.
- Understand basic work ethics such as teamwork and appropriate workplace behavior.
- Engage in basic interviewing and job search skills for green housekeeping.