The Family Home Child Care Provider program provides students with the essential skills and workforce preparation needed for careers in child care. The curriculum also prepares students for a pathway to credit child development programs. Students gain knowledge in procedures for developing and licensing diverse family child homes, culturally relevant curriculum, child development theories, and CPR/First Aid training.
A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon completion of all required courses.
- Understand California State requirements for opening and operating a quality family home child care.
- Design a safe, healthy, developmentally appropriate family home child care environment.
- Develop positive relationships with diverse families, children and community.
- Support developmentally appropriate practices and all relevant curriculum standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic principles of child growth and development.
- Identify components and work ethic required for professional participation in a family home child care setting.