The curriculum prepares students to work in the imaging and electronic prepress areas of Graphic Communications industry. The program qualifies students to seek employment in entry-level and intermediate positions as electronic prepress technicians, digital color specialists and digital prepress operators.
Instruction is provided on Macintosh computers and specialized imaging equipment typically found in the production and prepress areas of the printing industry. Emphasis is on technical skills, common software applications and proper use of scanners, computers and digital output systems.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the academic and technical skills required to enter a career in Graphic Communications Technology.
- Explain the ethical and social responsibilities that apply to a career in the Graphic Communications Technology field.
- Explain the safety aspects of teamwork as it applies to the production requirements in the field of Graphic Communications Technology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the career paths available in Screen Printing, Electronic Prepress and Digital Imaging professions.
- Understand the technical steps to good typographical and imaging skills for high-end print production.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
|GRFX 010||INTRODUCTION TO GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY||2|
|GRFX 199||INTRODUCTION TO DESKTOP PUBLISHING||3|
|BIT 010||BASIC COMPUTER KEYBOARDING||1|
|BIT 107||BUSINESS SOFTWARE-WINDOWS||1|
|Select one of the following:||6|
|BASIC COMPOSITION AND IMAGING|
|BASIC DIGITAL IMAGING|
and ADVANCED DIGITAL IMAGING -WEB
|GRFX 031||ADVANCED COMPOSITION AND IMAGING||6|
|GRFX 035||INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRONIC PREPRESS||2|
|GRFX 245A||BASIC PHOTOSHOP TECHNIQUES FOR GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY||3|
|GRFX 222||INTERMEDIATE DIGITAL IMAGING-PRINT||3|
|GRFX 036||ELECTRONIC IMAGE ASSEMBLY||1|
|GRFX 190||IMAGING TECHNIQUES FOR LARGE FORMAT PRINTING||2|
|BUS 112||BUSINESS ENGLISH||3|
|CIS 010||INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION SYSTEMS||3|
|PHOT 030||INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL IMAGE EDITING||3|
|PHOT 130||ADVANCED DIGITAL IMAGE EDITING||3|
|GRFX 300A||PRODUCTION PRINTING||2|
|GRFX 300B||PRODUCTION PRINTING||2|
|GRFX 103||INK, PAPER AND QUALITY CONTROL||2|
|GRFX 104||BINDERY AND FINISHING OPERATIONS||2|
Visit the Program Mapper for a suggested sequence of courses.